Bronco Frequently Asked Questions
Can you share an update on Bronco shipments from Michigan Assembly Plant?
As part of our commitment to deliver a quality vehicle to our Bronco customers, all vehicles at Michigan Assembly Plant undergo quality checks prior to being shipped from the plant. Based on this, an appearance/quality concern on the molded-in-color hardtop roof for 2-door and 4-door Broncos were identified. The issue does not impact the functionality of the molded-in-color hardtop roof but can cause an unsatisfactory appearance when exposed to extreme water and humidity. As a result, we’ve made the decision to replace all molded-in-color hardtop roof panels on all 2-door and 4-door Bronco vehicles produced to date. Below summarizes how this news will impact you:
- I’ve already taken delivery or my Bronco is in transit to my dealer: No action is required if you have already taken delivery of your Bronco. If your Bronco is in transit to your Ford Dealer, you may take delivery ahead of receiving the replacement molded-in-color hardtop roof. You will receive a letter from Ford outlining the Customer Satisfaction Program and next steps in the coming weeks. We will prioritize the oldest units first and anticipate replacement hardtop roof kits becoming available starting in early October 2021.
- My vehicle build date has passed: No action is required; your vehicle is unfortunately impacted by the above customer satisfaction action and is at Michigan Assembly Plant awaiting a replacement roof. We will prioritize the oldest units first and will send you more detailed delivery timing updates in September 2021 based on your VIN.
- My Bronco with a molded-in-color hardtop is scheduled for production: No action is required; your vehicle is unfortunately impacted by the above customer satisfaction action. We need to replace all existing molded-in-color hardtop roofs before we can make any new hardtop Broncos. You’ll be updated via email on your vehicle timing by early October 2021.
- I don’t have a scheduled production date yet: As a result of continued roof challenges, we will be producing fewer 2021 MY Bronco vehicles than initially planned. If your 2-door or 4-door Bronco hardtop order has not been scheduled for production yet, except for First Edition, you will be receiving a 2022 MY Bronco. More details on 2022 MY ordering will be available in the coming months. 2022 MY production is forecasted to begin in late December 2021. As a reminder, your reservation timestamp will remain with your order for scheduling priority in 2022 MY.
Note: Bronco soft top production is unaffected by this issue and will continue to be built and released from the plant.
Can I still submit a reservation for a 2021 Ford Bronco?
No. Reservations are no longer being accepted for the 2021 Model year; however, customers interested in 2021 Sport Models may still be able to place an order. Please contact a Greenway Ford Bronco Specialist today.
When can I convert my 2021 order or reservation to a 2022 order?
The 2022 model year ordering guide is expected to be released in September. The Greenway Ford team will reach out to all Greenway Ford customers with Bronco orders and reservations to schedule appointments, discuss options, answer questions and finalize orders.
Are 2-door or Wildtrak Broncos still being produced for the 2021 model year given the hardtop roof challenges?
Yes. Already scheduled 2-door Broncos and Wildtrak series are expected to be produced throughout the 2021 model year. 2-door Broncos will only be built with the molded-in color hardtop roof.
What is the quality issue with the molded-in color hardtop roof? What is Ford doing about it?
An appearance/quality concern on the molded-in color hardtop roof for 2-door and 4-door Broncos was identified. The issue does not impact the functionality of the roof but can cause an unsatisfactory appearance when exposed to extreme water and heat. As a result, we’ve made the decision to replace all molded-in color hardtop roof panels on all Bronco vehicles produced to date. This includes Broncos which have been delivered, are in transit, and units which have been built and are awaiting final quality release at the plant.
How do I know if I need a new roof?
You will be notified by Ford if their hardtop roof needs to be replaced. Currently, all hardtops produced through August production are impacted. Note, Bronco soft top production is unaffected by this issue and will continue to be built and released from the plant.
When will replacement roofs be available for customers who have already taken delivery?
We’re working with our roof supplier to prioritize production of replacement roofs and anticipate initial availability starting in October. Customers will receive a letter from Ford with more details on timing and instructions for scheduling an appointment as soon they’re available.
If my vehicle is currently in transit, can I take delivery before the roof is replaced?
Roof replacement for vehicles that are final delivered and currently in transit will take place at the dealership. You will receive a letter from Ford with more details on timing and instructions for scheduling an appointment as soon they’re available.
Is overall production affected by the need for replacement roofs?
As a result of continued hardtop roof challenges, Ford be producing fewer 2021 model year Bronco vehicles than initially planned.
Can I switch my 2-door order to a soft-top version?
No. 2-door Bronco vehicles cannot be ordered from the factory with a soft top.
Can I change my 4-door order to a soft top version?
Yes you can! See below for options and availability.
What do I do if I want the dual top roof option for Bronco?
Dual top option from the factory is coming for the 2023 model year. If you want dual top roofs sooner, order the molded-in color hardtop and purchase a soft-top through Ford Accessories. Accessory soft-top roofs are available for 2-door and 4-door Broncos through your Ford Dealer.
How will I be able to get a hardtop roof when available and what will it cost?
Hardtop roofs are anticipated to be available in 2023 as an accessory ordered through the dealership. While we cannot provide a price yet, the freight shipping costs to get the roofs to dealers will cause the cost to be higher than the factory-installed option.
Will the hardtop prep kit be available for customers whose 4-door soft-top Bronco is built before September production?
No. The Hardtop prep kit was a mid-model year add based on customer interest. It will be included on all 4-door Broncos with a soft top, beginning with September 2021.
Which roofs are available for the 2021 and 2022 model year Bronco?
- 2-door Broncos – Carbonized gray Molded in Color (MIC) hardtop
- 4-door Broncos – Carbonized gray Molded in Color (MIC) hardtop or Black Cloth Soft Top
- Note: First Edition and Wildtrak series are only available with the Carbonized gray Molded in Color (MIC) hardtop